Issues! HELP!

The Masons masonjs at nrtco.net
Sat May 23 14:10:39 PDT 2009

> If the chain truly has 36K on it I would think that is some kind of world
> record ;-)

I don't think so.  My GPZ had 66,000 km (44,000 miles) when I sold it.  It
had the original chain.  The chain had been lubed (spray stuff) every 2nd
tank of fuel and cleaned with diesel fuel every fall.  I didn't disassemble
the chain.  I also did not read through the entire jolt.  Whoa!! its ok
Jethro they'll only tease you forever.
The chain being original actually helped sell the bike.  The prospective
buyer assumed I didn't drive the shit out of it.
It passed 240 km/hr more than twice, but I took a friend's advice on
straight line acceleration.  If you're not a pro: -  get it moving, get it
straight, get your feet on the pegs and put her "all balls to the wall".
 Even as old as the GPz is there is not a lot of stuff out there that can
shame it in 1/8 - 1/4 mile.
A lot of cowboys half way thru an uncontrollable on the line wheelie can't
figure old how some old pucker on some old bike just blew the paint off his
bike.