adjusting chain off the stand

scapco at ecentral.com scapco at ecentral.com
Fri May 29 08:33:03 PDT 2009

Dave, you are totally correct.

The issue is even more pronounced on a dirt bike with 12+
inches of rear suspension travel.  It's one reason they
have rollers above and below the chain for this.

I have to say that like Bill, I like to adjust my GPZ (but
not my dirt bikes) on the centerstand, but I've also
learned how much slack there has to be vs when it's on the
tires.  I also think it's important to have someone sit on
the bike and check the slack if you're uncertain as that's
going to be a good indication of how tight or loose it is.

Charles S.