Cheap GPZ Tires at Dennis Kirk

John Soliday johnsoliday at
Wed Apr 7 13:10:25 PDT 2010

Tell me about it on the ME880's I just bought a set for my Vrod, and the
list price for rear alone was $299!!!  What kind of mileage did you get out
of the ME880?  I popped the big bucks because I wanted higher mileage tires
and have used Metzeler's in the past that were very good at what they were
intended for.  Should have my ContiMotion's on in a few weeks but I'm going
to mount a front first and finish up the Dunlop on the back (unless some
weird wobble results).  I ordered a 2nd front because my riding tends to eat
fronts at a 2:1 ratio to rears.

-----Original Message-----
From: gpzlist-bounces at [mailto:gpzlist-bounces at] On
Behalf Of Philip Hamm
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 2:03 PM
To: gpzlist at
Subject: RE: Cheap GPZ Tires at Dennis Kirk

I read about the Conti Motion Tires a little.

I have run three sets of Continental "ContiForce" sport touring tires on my
GPz over the years.  I was very impressed with them, they worked great on
the bike!  They were absolutely like glue in the rain - I've never had a
more confidence inspiring wet weather tire.

Right now I'm on my second set of Metzeler Marathon ME880s.  It also may be
my last.  I went to the Metzeler tires because they are Ultra Touring tires.
I don't carve canyons and even if I did the GPZ is old and the suspension is
shot - I just need good tires that last a long time.  I figure if these are
good enough for Goldwings and Electra Glides they're good enough for me.
Problem is they are DAMN expensive!!!!!!

So I'll be eagerly awaiting the ContiMotion tire reviews for this bike.  My
previous experience tends to make me think they'll be damn good.

Phil Hamm