Out of lurk mode............SHIMS, Now more trouble!

Tom tomhoy39 at comcast.net
Sun May 22 12:13:55 PDT 2011

Throttle cables: God, on my GPz900 (KEIHIN CV's with a single cable, it is a
bitch to get that thing on there, can't imagine two).  My method for the
single is the following:

I monkey the carb rack into a position that seems like it's going to work,
and while holding the rack with one hand, try unsuccessfully for about 15
minutes to get the damned cable knob in its seat.  I then give up in utter
failure and frustration, go to the fridge and grab a can of Foster's (it's
Australian for 'Screw you, you god damned throttle cable), and come back to
it.  Invariably, EVERY TIME, when I come back to it, I hook it all up in the
first go and seat my carbs right up, about 3 minutes, whole process.

Perhaps, what you are missing from your experimenting is:

A CAN OF FOSTERS...