Out of lurk mode............SHIMS, Now more trouble!

Marilyn Mason masonjs at nrtco.net
Sun May 22 13:14:47 PDT 2011

Used the same problem solver last week.  I'm wiring a 3 way circuit to
operate a light from both the bottom and top of the stairs.  It's a simple
enough circuit but I hadn't done one in over 20 years and thought I could
remember how to wire it.  After nearly and hour or frustration and tripped
breakers, I decided to have lunch.
A sandwich, some cole slaw and a beer calmed me down enough to look inside
the box one of the switches came in.  Dang--there was a wiring diagram.
Five minutes after lunch was over the circuit was working.
About an hour ago my 4 year old grandson face planted himself in the Ottawa
River.  The look on his face when he hit that fridgid water was worth the
price of addmisssion.  Better still was my son scrambling in to get he and
coming out limping with both ankles frozen.