front tire wear

Randolph Peters arpee44 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 16 22:43:07 PDT 2012

Hi Listers,
I'm perplexed by a weird wear pattern on my front tire (Dunlop Roadsmart, 5000 approx. miles). There is a high ridge in the center on either side of which is a concave band before going outwards to raised edge bands. In addition the wear is not symmetrical.  I hope you can see the profile from these photos.
https://picasaweb.google.com/randypetersster/FrontTire?authkey=Gv1sRgCMCMiO3v68nA9QE#5789001575566192034
The usual cupping (digs between transverse thread grooves) is not present.
I think that this is responsible for front wiggle at high speeds and inability to steer a straight line at crawl speeds.
Any idea what may have caused this?
Thanks for your input.
Randy from New Orleans
ZZR 1200