Amsoil

Mark Reckinger marque at copper.net
Fri May 3 12:57:39 PDT 2013

Some people swear by it, but based on my one, and only one, experience with Amsoil, I wouldn’t use it in my lawn mower. I purchased a low mile (3k) 96 GPZ some time back, put another 7k on it with zero oil consumption measurable between changes. Switched to Amsoil 20-50 (not the V-Twin flavor) and after a while, noticed some horrendous foaming through the sight glass, after a run. Immediately changed it out with Motul (foaming ceased)…but the bike was an oil burner from that point forward. In my opinion, it ruined this motor.

Mark R