Stutter -technical advice needed

Alexander Finger af at
Sun Sep 8 07:08:30 PDT 2013

Random is the worst.

So what's cut the power, the engine basically idles, turns
because the wheels turn. Now you open the throttle and instead of a smooth
supply of fuel and power to your wheels it stutters - do you have the same
happen when you are "simply" in idle?

On that note, what happens frequently to me when the engine is warm is that
I approach a red light, exactly as you describe and the engine goes OFF.
Especially in first gear in town (very embarrassing, but I'm glad I have
the helmet and nobody can see my face). I always blamed it
a) on the fuel filter (damn, it's 10y old..!)
b) on the last service and adjustments being a long time ago

cheers for real and anyways it's raining now..