Stutter -technical advice needed

Alexander Finger af at genevainformation.ch
Sun Sep 8 07:08:30 PDT 2013

Random is the worst.

So what's happening..you cut the power, the engine basically idles, turns
because the wheels turn. Now you open the throttle and instead of a smooth
supply of fuel and power to your wheels it stutters - do you have the same
happen when you are "simply" in idle?

On that note, what happens frequently to me when the engine is warm is that
I approach a red light, exactly as you describe and the engine goes OFF.
Especially in first gear in town (very embarrassing, but I'm glad I have
the helmet and nobody can see my face). I always blamed it
a) on the fuel filter (damn, it's 10y old..!)
b) on the last service and adjustments being a long time ago

cheers for real and anyways it's raining now..
Alex

On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 1:15 PM, Barblan <barblan at gmx.ch> wrote:

> Guys
>
> I need some advice!
>
> Imagine you're driving through a beautiful curve.
> Before doing so you're decelerating by use of the motor (no gas).
> Now you've reached the moment in the curve, where you want to accelerate -
> open the throttle.
> For 1 - 2 seconds you get full torque, then the motor stutters for a
> split second - really bad, and then it sets in with a extra power. And
> you lurch, even slide ...
>
> In other words: a bad feeling! Happens randomly.
>
> The stutter can also be produced on a straight piece of road by going of
> the gas for 2 - 3 seconds, then opening the throttle fully.
> Now the strange thing: otherwise the Geeper runs smoothly as ever!
>
> Has anyone had the same symptoms? What do I have to do to get rid of them?
> Riding like this s.....!
>
> I appreciate all help!
> Cheers (well yeah ...)
> George
> Thun, Switzerland
>
> PS. Yesterday I did 397 km over 5 passes with 2 friends - on my Honda ...

http://eisago.eu
FR: +33 66 20 53 025
CH: +41 795 921 792
US: +1 336 944 6202 (google voice)